Dale Inskeep: Links
World's Finest Instruments!
- Collings Guitars
- The home of the great Collings guitars and mandolins.
- Collings Forum
- A place for Collings enthusiasts.
- Oregon Coast Music Association
- OCMA promotes music on the South Coast of Oregon throughout the year, but is best known for all the music that comes to the South Coast for the Festival in our summer.
Board making with magic!
- Gerry Lopez Surfboards
- Gerry is a master in many ways...he always puts magic into my boards.
- Jimmy Lewis, shaper
- Jimmy shapes all kinds of boards, but his kiteboards are my favorite!
My Favorite Places to Shop!
- Hill Country Guitars
- Kevin Drew Davis is a great guy who has Hill Country Guitars in Wimberley, Texas.
- McKenzie River Music
- Bob knows his stuff...He's always got great inventory...His personal stuff is of legend. And, in Oregon!
- Quincys Guitars
- Pat is a great guy who has a wonderful store that is more like a relaxing living room than a store. He has great instruments and if you are lucky, he might break out a nice bottle of wine!
- The Music Emporium
- A great place for stringed instruments...just ask for Stu or Joe.
- Acoustic Music Works
- Steve will hook you up with an incredible instrument, if you get it before someone else does.
- Cotten Music
- Kim and Darcy will take good care of you for an instrument if you are in Nashville or online.
- Performing Songwriter
- The online version of the great magazine, Performing Songwriter. Check it out.
- Acoustic Guitar
- The online version of the great magazine, Acoustic Guitar.
- The Fretboard Journal
- A very high quality publication...everything about fretted instruments and the world around them.
- Mandolin Cafe
- Great info on all facets of the mandolin.
- Jazz Mandolin
- Great info for all you jazz mandolinists out there.
- Mandolin Magazine
- A great publication about mandolin stuff...I especially love Don Stiernberg's column on jazz mandolin.
Ah...The recording process...made easier with these folks!
- The Congress House
- Mark Hallman's recording studio in Austin, Texas where I recorded 'Smile and Pretend.'
Mark has great ears and is a master throughout the process of recording, mixing and mastering.
Check it out!
- Sugar Hill Recording Studio
- Mucho Mojo
*Check the Todd Snider interview on their website...Give it up for Todd Snider!
- Northeastern Digital
- Dr. Toby Mountain, acoustic genius.
- CD Baby
- Great indie music here!
- Sonic Studios
- Leonard is a sound guru. You can link to his site and hear the transparency of his microphones. While the current CD's I have for sale are recorded with more traditional mics, the most authentic recording, to my ears, is with Leonard's mics. I plan on releasing another CD soon that is recorded using exclusively Leonard's mics. Cheers LL.
- Essential Sound Mastering
- Allen Corneau is a great engineer and is located in the same building as Sugar Hill Recording Studios.
- Oasis CD
- Oasis has been a great company to work with in the production of my three CDs. If you are considering the release of a CD, I'd encourage you to take a look at Oasis.
Surf and Weather Info
- One Stop Oregon Surf Check
- Great links for weather
- Oregon Surf
- Heaps of info on Oregon surfing...some true, some not so true...
- Surfers Journal
- A very high quality publication of the surfing world.
- Surfer Magazine
- I grew up with it...it's gotta be here.
- Surfing Magazine
- Like Surfer, I grew up with this....dream time.
- Robert Earl Keen
- Give it up for REK!
- Chris Knight
- Check out the trailer tapes...great stuff, Chris!
- Darrell Scott
- Amazing songwriter, performer, and player!
- Guy Clark
- Needs no introduction...
- Junior Brown
- A cross between Ernest Tubb and Jimi Hendrix..."You're wanted by the police and my wife thinks you're dead."
- Charlie Robison
- Pick up a pizza, pineapple/ham...
- Ray Wylie Hubbard
- Living in Wimberley, Texas and keeps getting better.
- Alejandro Escovedo
- The 'punk rock' creeps into his great songwriting...and, he's still got a that SURF bug in him!
- Willis Alan Ramsey
- Living in Wimberley, Texas...I'm sure you've know a Spider John in your lifetime...
- Lucinda Williams
- She's awesome!
- Jack Johnson
- Surfer-Songwriter-Environmentalist....Jack's cool!
- Slaid Cleaves
- I think this guy is great!
- Ben Harper
- What can I say about him...He's incredible.
- Xavier Rudd
- Australian who must have more than two arms....check him out!
- Todd Snider
- Born within a day or two of me...comes from Oregon...and he writes great songs. Check out his interview on the Sugar Hill Studios website.
- Cory Morrow
- He plays a lot in Texas...check him out, he's great.
- Jimmy La Fave
- Singer-Songwriter...I know you'll dig him.
- Eliza Gilkyson
- She's a great songwriter and has an incredible voice. I know she's been working on a new album at The Congress House December '07...It should be great!
- Roger Creager
- If you haven't already heard of him, check him out....
- Fredy Argir
- A friend of mine in Austin...great guy, musician, and photographer...among many other talents!
- Nanci Griffith
- I know you know her....what an inspiration!
- Cross Canadian Ragweed
- These guys rock it....I love 'em!
- The Green Cards
- A Cross between England, Australia, Austin and a whole lot of talent...and, some Collings instruments thrown in!
- Kris Kristofferson
- One of the greatest songwriters, if not THE best....EVER!
- Sarah Jarosz
- If you haven't heard of this young lady, you owe it to yourself to check her out. I was lucky enough to jam with her, Sam, and Alex at the '08 NAMM. What a treat. Her dad, Gary, is a great guy too. You'll be hearing a lot from this young trio in the future...they are overflowing with talent!
- Jim LaCombe, Photographer
- Jim is an incredible artist who photographed the layout for Saltwater Cowboy.
Great Grub and Tunes
- Sails Restaurant, Muri Beach, Cook Islands
- My Bro, Tim is the man behind the great food at Muri Beach in Rarotonga.
- High Tide Cafe, Charleston Oregon
- This is where I play on Thursday nights...great food, great beer, and great vibe.